Francis P. (Frank) Morrisseyfpm@bwmklaw.com
Chicago, IL 60601-3330
Frank Morrissey is a trial lawyer who has built a reputation representing seriously injured persons in medical malpractice lawsuits, product liability and personal injury actions. Frank has represented his clients by obtaining favorable jury verdicts in high-stakes litigation, including successful arbitration and mediation of multi-million dollar disputes, in jurisdictions around the country. Frank’s trials have occurred in Florida, Indiana, New Jersey, Pennsylvania and other states. He also represents clients involved in commercial and business litigation matters.
Most recently Frank has brought suit on behalf of a plaintiff whose sperm samples had been entrusted to Northwestern Memorial Hospital and Northwestern Memorial Faculty Foundation for cryopreservation since 2008, but were erroneously thawed and destroyed. Reflecting his particular emphasis on product liability and medical device litigation, Frank also is representing numerous patients who received an artificial hip implant manufactured by DePuy Orthopaedics Inc. in seeking damages from the company, a division of Johnson & Johnson. The lawsuit alleges that the implant was inadequately tested and not promptly recalled, leaving patients exposed to serious and unnecessary physical and financial harm. Frank has previously handled pharmaceutical-related litigation involving class action claims.
Frank was first selected by his professional peers as an Illinois Super Lawyer in 2005 and has been so designated every year since 2009. He has also been chosen as an Illinois Leading Lawyer, reflecting his ranking among the top 5 percent all personal injury lawyers in Illinois. Such honors reflect the pattern established early in his career, when in 2003 he was named one of the Chicago Daily Law Bulletin’s “40 Under 40” Illinois attorneys to watch for his accomplishments as a litigator. Frank is also a member of the Society of Trial Lawyers. Reflecting his experience in the medical malpractice field, Frank is a contributing author to Chapter 10 (“Fact Discovery”), published in Medical Malpractice 2011 Edition and 2013 Supplement, produced by the Illinois Institute for Continuing Legal Education (IICLE®).
- Illinois Super Lawyers (personal injury plaintiffs for medical malpractice and product liability)
- Illinois Leading Lawyers (personal injury law, general and malpractice)
- Society of Trial Lawyers
- Contributing author, Chapter 10 (“Fact Discovery”), Medical Malpractice 2011 Edition and 2013 Supplement, Illinois Institute for Continuing Legal Education (IICLE®).
- American Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- American Association for Justice (formerly Association of Trial Lawyers of America)
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association
- Loyola University Chicago School of Law, J.D. (member, Law Review), 1993
- College of the Holy Cross, Massachusetts, B.A.,1990.
- Illinois, 1993
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals