Reflecting their high professional standing and extensive experience, the partners of Burke Wise Morrissey Kaveny are deeply involved in advancing the legal profession in Illinois as part of their overall commitment to professional and community involvement.
Both Kevin Burke and David Wise play leading roles in educating other lawyers on trial techniques, frequently serving as speakers at programs of the Illinois Institute for Continuing Legal Education and the Illinois State Bar Association.
Kevin Burke is also a regular presenter to the members of the Illinois Trial Lawyers Association and the American Association for Justice (formerly the Association of Trial Lawyers of America). His bylined articles have appeared in American Association for Justice’s Trial Magazine, and his comments regularly appear in print and broadcast media.
Elizabeth Kaveny regularly holds leadership positions in the Illinois Trial Lawyers Association, Women’s Bar Association of Illinois, the Illinois Bar Foundation and the Chicago Inn of Court. She is also deeply involved in community advancement through such commitments as the Leader Council of Mercy Home for Boys and Girls, a charity that rebuilds the lives of at-risk Chicago children. Additionally, Elizabeth gives back through educational leadership in professional organizations and major law schools. The full range of her involvement in activities beyond BWMK includes:
- Secondd Vice President, Board Member and Nominating Committee, Illinois Bar Foundation
- President, Chicago Inn of Court
- Board and Executive Committee Member, Illinois Trial Lawyers Association
- Leader Council Member, Mercy Home for Boys & Girls
- Past Board & National Committee Member, Women Bar Association of IL
- Adjunct Professor, Loyola University of Law
- Adjunct Professor, Northwestern University of Law
- Instructor, National Institute of Trial Advocacy
Brian Monico is an adjunct professor at his alma mater, Loyola University Chicago School of Law, where he teaches Advance Trial Advocacy with Courtroom Technology.